"Superbad" maintains that delicate balance of sweetness, empathy and vulgar
comedy. It's so packed with irreverent lowbrow wit that you scarcely notice how
it quietly shifts from gross-out jokes to adult themes.
By reading what Covert had to say about the movie would definitely make me want to see it. He says mostly positive things and that makes me believe even more that this is a fantastic movie. Covert really talks about the plot of the movie and sort of gives a little description of each character. I think he nails it perfectly. The plot in this movie just gets better as it goes. The movie is based on two best friends who are about to graduate who decide they should lose their virginity. The movie takes place during one day and that day they are invited to a party where one of them is expected to bring liquor for everyone at the party. Things come up during the day and makes you wonder if they will ever get their hands on the booze or even make it to the party. The two boys take you on a hilarious adventure and you find yourself cheering them on as they go.
Jonah Hill and Michael Cera play Seth and Evan, best buds soon to leave forCovert explains how Jonah Hill and Michael Cera are perfect for the parts. Superbad was the first movie I have ever seen either of the two act in before and I agree with Covert about saying that they were perfect for this movie. Now that I've seen it I can't see any other teenage actors perform like they did. In this outrageous comedy your face could seriously become sore from laughing. I wouldn't recommend this movie to kids but defnitely to teenagers.
separate colleges. Anxious about graduating and disconnecting, the chubby
motormouth and his bright, timid pal shoot for one final bonding experience --
losing their virginity.
7 comments:
I completely agree with this post. I think that Superbad was very funny and had great characters. I also did my journal on Superbad and said how much I liked it.
I like how Ali emphasized the hilarity present in this film. It is said to be one of 2007's best comedies and i think Ali did a splendid job of presenting that.
Your post really made me laugh, and kept me entertained, and have not seen this film by Apatow but the other 2. i really need to get my butt in gear and see this. I enjoy Apatow's raunchy yet adult humor jokes. Good job Ali.
I really liked how Ali told her opinion of the film, she did a really good job showing how funny the movie really is! GOOD JOB ALI!
Ali, You need to step it up a knotch. Stop describing how funny the film is and give me some details. Basically, step it into gear mam!
Ali, nice job on this fabulous critique. I also thought that movie was ver humorous and the characters were great. And Alec, get on it and see it..like Ali said, it's great!!
Ali: Nice work overall. I'm with Hayley, though -- a few more specific (but classroom appropriate) details about what you liked about the movie would be welcome.
Post a Comment